Thursday, February 25, 2010


Hey! Good to see you. Thanks for stopping by. For years I had a vision in my mind of what I wanted to do and say in a blog. Having rather lofty ideas, I naturally developed writers block which then sent all my thoughts right down the drain. So I've decided to just chat away about whatever is on my mind and I'll see where this goes.
The last few years I've become interested in lampwork beads. There are many skilled artisan bead makers whose work I admire and whom inspire me to keep trying to learn the art. Lampwork bead artisans make beads using rods of glass which they melt onto a mandrell over a flame using a torch. I've tried my hand at this and it's really a lot of fun! Now that it's winter I haven't been able to light up my torch and make my wonkies (irregular shaped beads) so instead I've been adding to my supplies.
Oh yeah, before I forget, the picture above is an example of a gorgeous lampwork bead done by Pam Brisse of The Blue Between. I love the organic look of this bead! Please click on the link to her blog and check out the other beautiful beads she has made.
Well, life is calling me away from the computer. There's never enough time to get everything done, is there? Please stop by again and perhaps even leave a comment or two.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new blog! I LOVE your background design! Thanks for featuring my bead, I am so pleased with how that one turned out, how it got nice and brown instead of gold for a change. You just never know with these things!

    ReplyDelete