Friday, February 26, 2010



I've been looking for healthy recipes since, as a pre-diabetic, I need to watch my carb intake. Unfortunately, I recently went through a five day gallbladder attack so now I have to eat low fat as well. However, I'll soon be having my gallbladder taken out but that doesn't excuse me from not having to watch my diet a bit more carefully. In my search for healthy recipes I happened upon a blog called Farmgirl Fare. Farmgirl Susan lives on a 240 acre farm on a secret location somewhere in Missouri. She chronicles her life on the farm with pictures, recipes and stories. I don't know how she has time to take pictures, write on her blog, plant her garden, tend to her animals and cook delicious meals! Besides all that, as if it isn't enough, Susan and her significant other also run a sheep farm. I am in awe of her and visit her blog often. I hope you will too. The picture is of her homemade ranch dressing which I have made and it is yummy. For anyone who is concerned about hidden sugars in salad dressing and/or too much salt this recipe is YOU! Keep on scrolling down the page past the pictures of her Savory Cheese and Scallion Scones and Little Shortbread Cookies and you'll see the same picture I have here of the Ranch Dressing. I hope you enjoy Susan's blog as much as I do. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment